jueves, 4 de diciembre de 2008

La Braña de los Tejos

I read in the newspaper this morning that there were only 46 sunny hours last November and I think, I missed them it might have happened while I was working. It’s been raining and snowing up in mountains here for weeks, not really many chances to climb outside. Even perma-dry crags are no longer permanent-dry, now I know that they can be wet or damp too.

Two weeks ago with a horrible weather forecast we turned our head and looked away. We just ignored it and decided to give it a try, our aim was walk from Cicera (A small village among the mountains in western Cantabria) to “La Braña de los Tejos”. Of course predictions were right, so on a windy and rainy day we walked up hill through the mist to discover that above the clouds at the top of the hill the sun was shining.

Three day per week after work I get to Leioa to do some indoor climbing. I’m tired, it’s raining and cold. It’s too easy to find excuses and too hard to keep the motivation high. You know what I’m talking about. Then I look at the pictures from that day and I realise that the sun is above that clouds even when can’t see it and never rains forever...

Sure we will have our chance and it’d be good to be fit. Climbing indoors just gained its meaning. It’s not that bad, not any more!

I put some pictures from that day bellow; the sight of “Picos de Europa” might inspire you too.


No hay comentarios: